Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Weight of Glory

I, along with everyone else, need people, and more so, a companion. Why? For the simple fact that I don't want to be alone in this world. Sure, the physical aspects of a relationship are a plus, something anybody wants to experience. But aside from that is this deep fear of getting a career but not being able to share it with anyone. Of having experiences but being unable experience them with anyone. Not being able to go back to my apartment and have someone waiting for me to vent my frustration or excitement about my day. Yes, I more than likely will have friends, and I may or may not be able to share these things with them. But there is something about having someone there all the time that is the basis of human need, someone who you love, and you hope, loves you just as much in return if not more. Someone you can lean on and who can lean on you also. In this way we also need God. Once we meet him, all the emptiness, all the fear of being alone will be gone. C.S. Lewis talks about this in this essay. The Beatles said "All you need is love". And maybe since God is described in the Bible as being "Love", this is not far from the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment